Accessibility and richness of content are always in the foreground and influence not only our content, but also the platform on which we want to present it.
- IBM Plex is our font family of choice. Its technical nature distinguishes it from traditional surface font families, but without compromising the legibility of the characters.
- Tailwind CSS provides us with a token-based design system for CSS that allows us to flexibly design our pages using a wide range of color palettes.
- IBM Design Language UI icons are a perfect match for our chosen typeface, as the icons were created in parallel with IBM’s corporate typeface.
- Unsplash is our primary source for abstract imagery used in article previews, preferably 3D renderings.
- MDX allows us to use our content independently of a proprietary format in a wide variety of frameworks. In combination with Frontmatter, we can provide important metadata about the content in a readable format.
- Astro has proven to be a reliable and incredibly flexible framework for building both server-side and static websites. Since we’ve built previous projects with Astro, it was a no-brainer to include it in our blog.
- Alpine.js handles interactivity and reactivity in the client. We’ve already shared our positive experiences with Alpine.js in our first article on the topic.
- Cloudflare hosts our static pages on a global edge network. This improves response time, reduces our carbon footprint, and keeps uninvited visitors out.